Two ways to Acclimate:
- Turn off lights in the tank you are going to be adding your new fish to.
- Float the bag for a good 15 to 20 minutes depending on the weather and temperature.
- Remove the rubber band from the bag and add water from your tank to the bag a little bit at a time for 20 minutes.
- Remove half the water and repeatedly add more water a little at a time for another 5 minutes.
- Move your new fish from the bag with a net straight into their new tank.
- Open the bag your fish are in.
- Place them in a bowl or bucket.
- Add a single drop of Prime or ammonia reducer to help the acclimation process.
- Using two air line hoses and a splitter between them, create a syphon, open the valve till it slowly drips water from the tank they are going into, into the bucket or bag they are in.
- After several hours your new fish will have acclimated to a diluted mixture from your tank and the water they were shipped in. Gently remove your fish from the bag or bucket and put them in their new home. Yours.
Happy FishInn Acclimation!